This is the first Kids' Walking Story to be posted to the site - the first of many, we hope.
A relaxing spring afternoon in the Fair City of Perth, following a procession of jugglers and watching them perform in St John's Square. The British Juggling Convention was taking place in the city over the weekend.
- The thing I remember most was watching the competitions in the square
- The worst bit - it was quite a long walk!
- The funniest bit was the people with sticks on their chins spinning a ball and trying to juggle at the same time
- A word of warning is to watch out for a falling unicyclist if you're sitting in the front row!
- I was surprised by was the little boy who was on one of the unicycles in the parade
Read the full story
Contributed by: Frances Llanwarne
Juggling on a unicycle along the riverbank
||Centre of Perth, Scotland
|When it was walked
|| 2 April 2005
|| Town and city centre
|| Suitable for anyone who enjoys an easy walk, especially kids
|| 3 miles (5 km) approx
|Time taken approx
|| 2 hrs 30 mins (including the show)
|Map used if any
|Source of info on walk
|| Already known
|| Car from Dundee. Served by train and bus services.
|Places to stay
|| Lots of hotels and guest houses in Perth
|Places to eat/ buy food
Shops & cafes in Perth - people sitting out in the street at cafes around St John's Square