There are several ways you can make use of the site:
- Reading the stories submitted by others
- Contributing stories yourself*
- Sharing ideas and advice on the Walkers' Forum*
- Catching up on the latest Walking News
- Following links to other sites of interest
- Making use of the range of Services for Walkers
- And if you're a Young Walker there's an area just for you!
*These require you to register as a member of Walking Stories.
Anyone can explore the site to read the collection of walking stories that are building up. There's a site map to help.
If you want to add a story yourself (and why not?!) you will need to register as a member. Simply go to the registration page, complete the form and e-mail it back to us. You will then receive a member's number, and will be able to use this to contribute a story or photo.
A new section has been added (January 2006) on "Wise Walking" to pull together advice on how to walk safely, protecting yourself and the interests of those who live and work in the countryside.