With all the indoor leisure activities available at Center Parcs, a story about walking might seem to miss the point, but in fact these holiday parks are great places to get outside walking, cycling and running. A lot of skilled effort has gone into providing healthy habitats for wildlife among forests and water features. At Sherwood Forest an important contirbution is being made to encouraging biodiversity through careful management. This makes it both scenic and interesting for walking around, without risking wandering too far and getting lost!
Whilst several trails are marked on the Village Map, some of the most secluded paths are unmarked.
- I'll remember most the early morning sunlight through the trees
- The best bit was seeing a woodpecker from the bird hide
- The worst bit was being restricted by the security fence
- There are plenty of information boards explaining about the wildlife
- And there are plenty of other enjoyable activities in between walks!
Contributed by Andrew Llanwarne - October 2011
< Back to England page for links to other stories
|Location||In Clipstone Forest, just west of the A614, about 8 km east of Mansfield.|
|Date walked||15-16 October 2011|
|Walk type||Countryside and easy hill walks|
|Difficulty||Easy for anyone with no special footwear or gear.|
|Map used||Village map available at Guest Services|
|Walk source info||Village map showed some trails|
|Getting there||By car to holiday village|
|Places to stay||Center Parcs|
|Other features||Rufford Country Park on other side of A614 Clipstone Forest trails for walking and cycling|